For this recipe, you are going to need the following ingredients:
For the Potatoes:
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 (16 oz) whole white potatoes
- salt and pepper for seasoning
For the topping:
- 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
How to make them:
Prepare the Potato Rounds:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Spray a large shallow baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes, until potatoes and are light brown and tender.
How to make the Topping:
- Place the cottage cheese, milk, and lemon juice in a blender and blend on medium speed until it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Lastly, top with finely chopped fresh chives.